Top Navigation

May 14, 2010

CCD's Summer Movie Picks - Mr. Mike D

Iron Man 2 came out on Friday, and kick started the summer movie season with a bang. Here at CCD we all have lots of love for the cinema, so I figured we should all put together a top 5 of our most anticipated features of the summer... not the most popular, not the biggest blockbusters, not the most star filled... these are the ones that WE want to see. Last but never least, I present to you the bosses top choices... I know you have been waiting patiently, but the time has come. So with no further adieu, here is the J.J. Jameson of CCD, Mr. Mike D's picks:

My Top 5:

5. Dinner for Schmucks
4. Jonah Hex
3. Despicable Me
2. Get Him To The Greek

1. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - I have been fascinated with this movie since the first day I heard about it. First, the comic that it is based on was epic. The book has all this crazy magical/super power/kung-fu fighting stuff going on, but is played as part of normal everyday life. Secondly, Cera is a perfect match for the title character. Third, the amazing list of actors who will be portraying his slutty girlfriend Ramona Flower's seven evil boyfriend's is superb: Brandon Routh, Chris Evans, and Jason Schwartzman just to name a few. Fourthly, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is playing Ramona, and she is a joy to look at. And lastly, Edgar Wright is a fucking genius.... a perfect fit to direct this movie.

Honorable Mentions: Inception, The Expendables, and Splice

Hope you guys enjoyed our picks. Feel free to leave some comments about what you plan on seeing this summer... see you guys at the cinema!!!

8 comments:

  1. Scott Pilgrim was definitely one of my possibilities. I haven't read the comic, but think that it sounds like a genius premise!

    Despicable Me looks pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun picks. Before you see this 'Dinner for Schmucks' please netflix the original french version 'The Dinner Game'('Le Diner de Cons'). It's absolutely hysterical. We just watched it a second time and it definitely holds up. There's no wat this U.S. version is going to top the antics that happened in the French version.

    http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Dinner_Game/60000255?strackid=1d66dac4e5699442_0_srl&strkid=1075855392_0_0&trkid=438381

    'Scott Pilgrim' is defintely going to be a cool original funfest. 'Jonah Hex' will be hit or miss for me. It has the potential to be a 'Ghost Rider' right out the box.

    I will defintely SEE all the films from your list. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... I liked Ghost Rider. They all cant be grand slams... just hope its more Ghost Rider n less Wild Wild West...lol. Plus, I already had the original french movie in my que. Now I will move it up. Splice looks great too.... we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, two words Jeffrey... MEGAN FOX... Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's better as scantily clad magazine photos.

    Enjoy 'Dinner Game'. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In YOU'RE defense. I've never seen 'GhostRider' so it may be OK. They just didn't make it interesting for me to even TRY to see it. Maybe now I will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edgar Wright IS FUCKING genius

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeff, its not that Ghost rider is good... its no x men, iron man, or spiderman by a longshot. But it was campy, fun, and Nic Cage is fucking great. The villian is kinda lame, and the story a bit far fetched... but I still liked it. It could be that Mikey loved it, and he was 5 at the time, so I watched it a bunch. But I thought it was ok... and I almost forgot, Eva Mendes is in it, and she looks pretty f'n good... just saying!!!

    ReplyDelete