Top Navigation

June 8, 2010

Cthulhu & The Old Ones Present: Art Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft


You really gonna argue with this guy??? If he says go to the art show, we are going to the art show. I'm not going to run the risk of offending any of H.P. Lovecraft Old Ones, so I'm definetly going to check out this exhibit being held at The Observatory in Brooklyn. For those of you guys saying "Who the F is H.P. Lovecraft and whats up with the Squid-Faced Art promoter to my left, let me enlighten you. Lovecraft is one of the foremost horror authors of all time, and he is often talked about in the same breaths as Stephen King and Edgar Allan Poe. Personally, I perfer him to both of the above. His stories have entertained people for over 90 years. And when I say entertained, I mean scared the ever loving shit out of them. Some of his classics would be The Dunwhich Horror, The Rats in the Wall, At the Mountains of Madness, Dreams in the Witchhouse, and most famously The Call of Cthulhu. Lovecraft lived in Brooklyn for a bit, and thats why I think its even cooler that this Lovecraft inspired art show should be taking place here. So if you like horror themed art, scary stories, or goth chicks (there are sure to be a few at this thing!) then you should make you way over to the Observatory. The show opens June 11th and runs through July 23rd. Click here for more details. See you guys there...

1 comment:

  1. Did you see the Cthulhu shirt from TeeFury?

    http://www.teefury.com/

    ReplyDelete