Top Navigation

January 5, 2011

Appreciating Actors: Tom Wilkinson

Wilkinson in Rock n Rolla

I am an avid movie watcher and I truly admire anybody who gets up in front of a camera for the entertainment of others. It takes a lot. While lots of celebs get tons of recognition for the roles they play, often its the supporting actors who make a movie come together and propel it to greatness. After the unfortunate death of Pete Postlewaithe the other day, I felt I should do my part in recognizing some of these Supporting Actors & Actresses that make the movies I love what they are...

Batman Begins
Today I am focusing on the amazing British actor Tom Wilkinson. He is a 30 year vet of show business on both sides of the pond, and has played some memorable roles throughout. I just saw him in Roman Polanksi's "The Ghost Writer" and he is really great in all his scenes. Pure genius. You may know him from playing Benjamin Franklin in the HBO mini series John Adams, or as uber-gangster Lenny Cole in Rock-n-Rolla (one of my favorite movies... ever). Comic book geeks know him as crime boss Carmine Falcone in Chris Nolan's Batman Begins. He has also been in a slew of great films such as Michael Clayton, 44 Inch Chest, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Patriot, and even starred with the aforementioned Pete Postelwaite in 1993's In The Name Of The Father. Wonderful... just wonderful.

The Patriot
Wilkinson has got two upcoming films that are sure to garner my attention, John Landis's Burke & Hare and Michael Gondry's The Green Hornet. Both are due in 2011 and I have no doubt that Wilkinson will strengthen the films just by being on set. I commend you Mr. Wilkinson. Thank you, and keep up the great work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment